Thursday 24 November 2011

(16/30) It is all about me?

The LORD has made everything for his own purposes, even the wicked for a day of disaster.  Proverbs 16:4

Everything for HIS PURPOSES.

 EVERYTHING.

Then why do I live as if it's all for me?  As if everything within my small sphere of influence is about me?  Pride?  Selfishness?  That's the root of such an attitude, but how do we change it?  How do we dig out that ugly thing at it's source?  What needs to happen in order to experience a significant shift in our thinking?

Somehow we've got to start seeing everything and everyone around us as a reflection of God.  We've got to start looking for Him.  Expecting to see Him.  We've got to take God out of our little Sunday morning box and give Him free reign in our lives.  The things that happen each moment are not by random chance.  Not merely an inconvenience or interruption to our 'to-do' list, but a sacred, God-appointed moment.  A chance to see Him and to live fully in that moment.  How often does that ugly root of pride and selfishness blind me and I miss it? 

Nothing is about me and yet everything is.  I want to change that...to live in such a way that I see God and His purposes everywhere.  Certainly not an easy task because it goes completely against the "all about me" sin nature.  Only God himself can continue to strip away those selfish parts and help me to see things His way.

No comments:

Post a Comment