Tuesday 16 October 2012

Surrender

Luke 11:9
So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be open to you.

James 4:2b-4
You do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures. You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility towards God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God

I am so thankful that God is always listening. That he never slumbers or sleeps (Psalm 121:4) BUT he is also my Father...and knows better than me. He is always listening but cares way too much about me to give me something that could actually cause harm. So many times I have heard the "answer"": Wait. Because I am not ready.

Sometimes I find myself asking God (and sometimes telling) to change my circumstance (either big or small)-- but instead, He wants me to change first. Often I do have wrong motives (even if i dont know it at the time) for the things that I desire or want. I want easier, happier, faster, better.


Of course, the problem lies with me, not with God. I need to continue to surrender... my dreams, passions, life... to serve Him in whatever capacity that means.

I think if I were able to step back and see what God was always up to I would be quicker to surrender.

I surrender. my hopes, desires and dreams. ... Because I have seen God change me in dramatic ways since following Him. He knows what is good for me, even when what i want is different. Because He is my Father. And in surrendering...  i will wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment