Thursday 3 October 2013

Ready for a recap?

Life can speed past and details (even the important ones) just become another ‘forgotten’ detail.  So I thought that I would motivate myself to write my blog tonight to get back into the swing of it. It has been about a month since my last post, so here goes.

I spent the last monthish ( a little less than that) in the states. There were several reasons for going back one being that I wanted get rid of my storage unit in Nebraska (CHECK- that will save me several hundred dollars a year). I needed to raise some more support to continue with the journey that God has placed me on here in Mexico (partial check?- hey, wanna support me?), and a few other things that don't necessarily need to mentioned on a blog- you wouldn't be entertained anyways!

Some points of interest from my time in the US:
* I got to reconnect with a lot of people in my home church and share what God is doing in Mexico and in my life.
* I traveled to Indiana to hang out with the Netzley and Gross families. I was able to see their hispanic church, shared about church planting in Mexico and laughed a lot.
* I saw Kendra when I was in Chicago.
* Was a part of one of my best friends (Bailey) wedding.
* Hung out with some old friends and made some new ones.
* Was able to spend a lot of time with Ben and Jamie. Their family is a blessing to me (and even 1 year old Mark!) and it is encouraging to see their faith even in such a difficult time.
* Spent a little time with some family.

All in all a fairly decent trip.

This week has been a whirl wind, more on that tomorrow. ;)

Now, enjoy a few pics from the states:







No comments:

Post a Comment