Saturday 8 February 2014

just a week.

This week was another fun week in the community center. Lots o people in all the classes. I definitely think this is one of our best sets of classes yet. English, keyboarding, guitar, kids craft, baking, country dance, exercise and soccer.... so much fun!



At some point this week, I think it was tuesday... we went to a local school and helped a little with the english classes. Topic this time was restaurant service. Rod did a great job making all the Americans hungry by talking about foods found on a US menu!


I felt like I spent a lot of time waiting this week. Waiting in line, waiting at the dentist office, waiting for the trash truck, waiting for the water man... waiting, waiting, waiting... and really not getting a whole lot done. But, sometimes, that is life here. 

Yesterday my house got filled up with wheelchairs again. 20 more to be exact. Rod just posted about that, so read it! 

Last night we had to say goodbye to our intern who has been with us about 3.5 weeks. Anson is the most patient math teacher EVER. He tutored math in english for Danny Fry and in Spanish for a hand full of others. He also taught Keyboard and English classes with the same amount of patience.


Anson headed to Puebla this morning but not before a little excitement! On the way there my car decided to stop working. Nothing like breaking down on a major highway while people are going 100mph. But a nice guy ended up stopping behind me, told me it was my fuel pump (had that replaced a week or two ago) and pushed my car back to Rod's house. 
The crazy thing about this is, I knew something was going to happen, I just had a feeling. I went and got extra money out for the trip to Puebla "just to be prepared". Thank goodness I did!

I think I need to buy a new(er) reliable car.


I hate to leave you all, my faithful five readers. But i need to clean, pack and walk the dogs. I leave at 4:30 tomorrow morning for Virginia. If you are at Liberty University, come check out the Camino Global booth, we would love to see you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment