Monday 14 July 2014

Something worth living for

Over the past few years the words home, comfortable, trust and purpose have been drastically transformed.

Through different experiences I have learned just how raw the love of God really is and how true faith is unedited and uncut. It isn't always a pretty version of Christianity that we sometimes receive at church on Sundays. It is more the living-as-the-hands-and-feet-of-Jesus-everyday kind of version. It is looking at the ugly to see the beautiful kind of version.

1 John 2:6 says "whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did". That isn't the easiest thing in the world to do. Jesus endured the greatest amount of rejection, suffering and sacrifice this world has ever seen. His life isn't easy, and if we live like Him, ours won't be easy either.

Sometimes the decisions to walk as Jesus did are hard. It is making a daily decision to take the little opportunities to help someone, to listen, to laugh and to enjoy others. It is looking past someone's imperfections to really love them. It is stepping outside your comfort zone.

I want to live as though every moment is a moment that I can show someone what i am living for.  I want my life to be a story God uses to show His Glory.

 My purpose is to daily lay myself at the feet of Jesus. It is the only thing worth living for.

No comments:

Post a Comment