Sunday 1 February 2015

thoughts while walking the dog.

So much to say and so little time to write blogs these days!

Anyways...

The other day I was walking around my new neighborhood. Some thoughts crossed my mind...
----- The first, is that this neighborhood is not use to seeing white people... yet. They definetly do not cover up the fact that they are doing a 180 degree turn to watch the white girl walk by. Soon they will be use to seeing missionaries, teams and interns!
----- The second..... why is my dog so popular. People stop me... just to know about her. It has happened since I got here, and still amazes me.
----  I really miss all my friends in Jesus Maria... seeing them everyday while walking my dog, getting invited to have coffee or share a meal, etc. But, I am impressed at how fast I can get to know some people here. It is encouraging.
---- This is really home. Of course, I have called Mexico home for over three years. But, I feel comfortable here. There are always going to be situations which will be new for me here. But, that is part of the adventure called life.  This is life. This is where I want to be, in Mexico. Maybe getting a car made everything seem so permanent, maybe I am more comfortable with the language, maybe it is just a God given feeling.. or all of them!
---- I am thankful and blessed to be living the life that I am living.

Life right now is busy! The community centers are going well. Jesus Maria Church is packed. Sunday schools are going well. Can't wait to see what the future holds.





No comments:

Post a Comment