Tuesday 13 December 2016

2016 Year in Review

Well, I would have never guessed a year ago that I would be where I am now. Basically, the only thing that is the same as it was a year ago.... is my right hand puppy dog, maggie!

The beginning of the year was pretty much the norm. I was loving life in Ixtapaluca. Working with church plants there, helping at an orphanage, at an old folks home and with the movement to end human trafficking
Then, however, God called me away from all of that. I decided that I would be moving to Amealco. 

In April, I bought this wonderful van that has allowed me to transport teams and interns and other ministry type things more easily.



The last few months in Ixtapaluca were full of interns, groups and all the other crazy ministry stuff that make summers nuts! 







August 3rd, I moved all my stuff three and a half hours north west. 


I spent the next few months living with the Hower family, while we got my house ready to move into. It was a great time of rest, getting to know who I will be working with, dream about future ministries and playing a ton of board games. 

I also got to visit Nebraska and go to two Husker games!


The house I moved into is a missionary dream. LOTS of room for LOTS of visitors! Plus room for whatever else I want to do there. We are actually hoping that we have the opportunity to buy this land, so you can pray for that. 



I sold my cute little blue city car, and I am in the process of buying a jeep. Something a little tougher in this beast...

I also have two NEW doggies. Hippo and Gerty!

I am slowly but surely getting use to life in a small town instead of the big city! Nearly everything is different, but God is good and things are progressing. 

Check into the next blog for whats next! 






No comments:

Post a Comment